Purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP)
RMHP has identified the need for a vendor to perform and produce a Community Integration Communications Strategy, and to Support Story Production and Dissemination efforts in the final phase of the Beacon Communities program. The RMHP and the CBC intend to procure an entity that will develop and produce communications to serve the needs of the Colorado Beacon Consortium. The successful vendor will be expected to integrate itself into Colorado Beacon Consortium operations and activities to extend staff resources efficiently and produce content in addition to consultation services in the development of a Colorado Beacon Consortium communications strategy. Through this RFP, Rocky Mountain Health Plans and the Colorado Beacon Consortium seek a vendor to:
- Elevate the visibility of the CBC–through its leadership, research and success stories–as subject-matter experts in the area of practice transformation, healthier communities and data and analytics, outlining benefits of use of health information technology, industry-endorsed standards, physician engagement and adoption of Meaningful Use criteria.
- Elevate the visibility of CBC for the purpose of partnership development and strategic alliances among other organizations in the evolving health care industry.
- Communicate the value of participation in the CBC’s process and quality improvement activities.
- Develop a Communications Plan that includes repositioning the organization, considering the desire of the CBC to expand its value proposition beyond Beacon-funded activities alone. This will entail development of a Re-Branding and Brand Promise plan for implementation in the post-grant period (mid-2013).
- Develop a strategy and assist in project management activities related to the development of an online resource distribution and collaborative space for providers, patients and supporting community agencies and organizations – modeling example community initiatives shown herein.
- Position CBC staff resources and expertise as a go-to resource for medical practices that serve the seven-county catchment area, by offering guidance for those individuals seeking to transform their medical practice with the goal of using health information technology to support good health, improve care coordination and make care transitions more efficient and effective.
- Build community demand for data-driven patient care coordination and quality improvement processes, to reach a tipping point for the expansion of ongoing, community-based health information exchange (providers, hospitals, ambulatory care centers, long-term care, health plans and others).
RFP Release and Key Dates:
· RFP released – On or before March 8, 2012
· Vendor’s Intent to Respond Due – Before March 14, 2012, 5PM MDT
· Vendor’s Questions Due – Before March 15, 2012, 5PM MDT
· Vendor’s Proposal Submitted – RFP Closed – Before March 22, 2012, 5PM MDT
· Top vendor finalists notified – March/April 2012
· Vendor Presentations Concluded – March/April 2012
· Right to negotiate contract awarded – March/April 2012
· Best & Final Offer Received & Agreement Executed – March/April 2012
· Project Planning & Project Begin – April 2012
· Implementation and Performance Period – April 2012 through March 2013
The complete RFP Document may be downloaded here:
The RFP document contains all instructions for responding to this request for proposal.
Updates to the procurement process:
ANY AND ALL UPDATES TO THE PROCUREMENT PROCESS WILL BE POSTED IN THE UPDATES SECTION BELOW.
There will likely be NO OTHER COMMUNICATION regarding updates or changes so please check back frequently.
Inquiries and Contact Limitations:
Any and all contact from bidding entities must be made exclusively the appointed RMHP Procurement Officer noted in the RFP Document and via the email address below. Any other contact with RMHP or other members of the Colorado Beacon Consortium by bidding entities during the RFP process is prohibited, and may result in the exclusion of a bidding entity’s proposal from evaluation.
All inquiries regarding this RFP must be submitted in writing to the following address:
Community Integration Communications Strategy Procurement Updates:
May 7, 2012: The RFP process for the Community Integration Communications Strategy RFP is closed. A contract has been executed between RMHP and Health2Resources for the service under this procurement.
April 6, 2012: RMHP and the CBC would like to thank all who submitted a proposal for the Community Integration Communication Strategy RFP. Based on the analyses and recommendations of the proposal evaluation committee, RMHP has awarded the right to negotiate a contract for the Community Integration Communications Strategy to Health2Resources. As noted in the RFP, RMHP reserves the right to re-engage other respondents to the RFP in the event that a contract is not successfully executed. Please visit the Procurement section of Colorado Beacon Consortium website (www.coloradobeaconconsortium.
March 9, 2012 – The maximum budget amount for the Community Integration Communications Strategy contract is $225,000, which includes all costs, including travel and expenses. Proposals submitted in excess of this maximum budget amount may result in proposal rejection.